Don’t you just hate eating dry banana bread? I know I do. And the worst part is that it seems like almost every banana bread I try is incredible dry (you know, the kind of dry that literally shuts the top and bottom of your mouth together).
That’s why I had to come up with my own moist banana bread recipe. After a little experimenting in the kitchen, here’s the recipe I came up with to guarantee a moist banana bread experience.
Here are the ingredients for the Guaranteed To Be Moist Banana Bread:
2 1/2 cups of Flour
4 Bananas (very ripe)
1 3/4 cups of Sugar
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1 cup of Vegetable Shortening
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1/4 cup of Buttermilk
1 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of Walnuts (chopped)
This recipe provides enough batter for two standard 9 inch by 5 inch loaf size cooking pans. If you would like to make just one loaf of moist banana bread, just reduce the ingredient amounts by half.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, vegetable shortening, and salt. Stir until creamy, and then transfer into mixer.
3. Add the eggs and mix.
4. Add the buttermilk, flour, and baking soda and mix until batter has become uniform in consistency.
5. Mash up the ripe bananas and place in mixer along with walnuts. Mix up the batter one last time.
6. Grease up both loaf pans. Dust some flour to keep it from sticking.
7. Pour batter evenly between both loaf pans, and bake on oven for 45 minutes.
8. When you place a toothpick or knife blade into the banana bread and it comes out clean, then you know that the bread is fully cooked.
9. Let stand for thirty minutes before serving.
By following this recipe, I can pretty much guarantee that you will make deliciously moist banana bread every time. No more having to chug down a glass of milk to regain the ability to talk. I personally prefer my banana bread served warm with a slight spread of sweet butter. The combination of the melting butter and the moistness of the bread is incredibly satisfying to my taste buds.