- 36 ounces bacon
- 10 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cans of cream of mushroom
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- Optional: Chopped parsley.
Procedure for the sauce:
- Chopped the bacon into small pieces. Then fry until its crispy. Set aside. Drain the grease, but leave about 2 tablespoon for sauteing.
- Saute garlic and onion. Mix in the bacon.
- Put the fish sauce and ground pepper.
- Mix in the cream of mushroom, and a cup of water. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put the heavy whipping cream.
- Put the Velveeta cheese and let it melt. When the cheese has melted, its done.
Procedure for the spaghetti:
- Boil some water.
- When its boiling, put the spaghetti and stir it constantly.
- When its nice and soft, its done.
- Drain the water and coat the spaghetti with butter.
This recipe is very rich and delicious. Spaghetti with Carbonara Sauce is perfect for special occasions or even just for simple gatherings. Every time I get invited to a party, this recipe has been the most requested food for me to bring.
I can not really tell which is the key ingredient to this recipe. It is not only the bacon, heavy whipping cream, or the cheese. I think its the combination of all. And the combination of the ingredients makes it perfect. There was one time that I forgot to put the cheese. It still turned out good though, but not as good as what I was expecting it to be. So yes, the cheese plays a great part when it comes to flavoring. Same thing with the heavy whipping cream. I tried using just regular milk before ( I ran out of heavy whipping cream) but it did not come out right. So I guess the key to making this particular recipe perfect is having all the ingredients together. No more, no less.