It is with great pleasure that I present to you this amazing “copycat” Outback Steakhouse coconut shrimp recipe in all its sweet, succulent, crunchy glory! This is one of my daughter’s absolute favorites out of all my secret restaurant appetizer recipes! She especially loves how fun it is to make. And the dipping sauce is incredible! I trust you’re going to love this recipe!
Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp – Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs. large, raw shrimp
- .5 cup all-purpose flour
- .5 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. salt
- .5 tbsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups shredded coconut (short shreds)
- oil for deep frying
- .5 cup orange marmalade
- .25 cup Grey Poupon country mustard
- .25 cup honey
- 3 to 4 drops Tabasco pepper sauce
- Mix ’em all together!
Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp – Directions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Peel, devein, and wash shrimp. Dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, except coconut.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil and ice water. Blend well.
- Add ample amounts of oil to deep fryer or deep skillet. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of coconut on a plate.
- Dip shrimp in batter, then roll in coconut (add more coconut as necessary).
- Fry in hot oil for 4 minutes, or until light brown.
- Drain shrimp, place on baking sheet, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with that incredible dipping sauce!
And there you have it! Your very own Outback Steakhouse coconut shrimp recipe to make in your own kitchen and put some hearty smiles on some thrilled faces. Enjoy!