Masala Fish Curry Recipe | Fish Curry Recipe | Fish Curry | Masala Fish Recipe | Rohu Fish Curry | Fish Recipe | Fish Curry by Spice Eats
Ingredients for Masala Fish Curry:
– Fish (Rohu, Katla, Asian Carp) – 500 gms
– Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Salt- 3/4 tsp
For Masala Paste:
– Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
– Dried Red Chillies- 2
– Garlic- 10 cloves
– Green Chillies- 2-3 (cut into 2)
– Red Chilli Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1.5 tsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Onion, grated- 2 medium (around 130 gms)
– Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves)- 1 tsp
– Curry leaves- 15-20
– Tamarind, soaked in water- 4 tbsp juice
– Thick coconut milk- 4 tbsp
– Salt to taste- 1/2 tsp
– Coriander leaves for garnishing- 2 tbsp
– Oil – 3 tbsp + oil for pan frying the fish pieces
– Clean, wash and pat dry the fish pieces. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and mix well. Set aside for 30 mins.
– To prepare the Masala paste, take a pan and dry roast the red chillies and cumin seeds on low heat for 1 minute. Now add the garlic cloves and continue roasting on low heat for another 2 mins. Set aside to cool. Add them to blender/grinder along with the green chillies. Coarse grind.
– Now add 3-4 tbsp of water and blend it into a smooth paste. The masala paste should have thin consistency so you can add more water to make into a thin consistency.
– To pan fry the marinated fish, add oil to a frying pan and place the fish pieces side by side.
– Fry on medium heat for 2 mins and turn it on the other side. Continue to fry on medium heat for 2 mins. Take these out on a plate.
– Heat oil in a flat pan or kadai.
– Add the grated onions and fry on medium heat for 7-8 mins till light brown in colour.
– Now add the masala paste and give a mix, add 1/2 tsp salt to it and continue to fry on medium heat for 3 mins till water dries up and oil separates.
– Add the dried fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi) and fry 1 min on medium heat. Add the curry leaves and fry on low to medium heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the tamarind juice, give a mix and then add 250 ml water. Cook it on medium heat till it comes to a boil.
– Lower the heat and place the fried fish pieces side by side and cover & cook on low heat for 5 mins.
– Remove lid and flip the fish pieces. Add the thick coconut milk, give a mix.
– Cover & cook for another 10 mins on low heat till oil separates.
– Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves, mix and simmer for a minute.
– Serve with rice.
#masalafishcurry #fishcurryrecipe #masalafishrecipe #fishcurry #fishrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatsfishcurry