Chicken wings is a popular choice in meat when it comes to grilling – they’re affordable, versatile and cooks easily on the grill. Depending on your mood, you can prepare this delicious dish using different marinades and rubs. Try these easy grilled chicken recipes today!
What you need:
- 12 chicken wings, sliced at joint, tips discarded
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large bowl, combine habanero pepper, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, curry powder, garlic, ginger, thyme, black pepper, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vegetable oil. Whisk until all ingredients are well-combined. Pour 3/4 of the mixture in a large re-sealable plastic zipper bag and place wings in the bag. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade as well. When ready, remove wings from marinade and discard used marinade. Cook wings on a pre-heated grill over high heat until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Move wings to a cooler side of the grill and brush with remaining marinade. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes, turning halfway and brushing other side with marinade.
Tropical Dijon Grilled Chicken Wings
What you need:
- 1 kilogram chicken wings, sliced at joint, tips discarded
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
In a large bowl, mix together garlic, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, black pepper and salt. Add wings to the bowl and toss to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. When ready, drain marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes for basting. Cook wings on a pre-heated grill over high heat until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes, basting with marinade in the last 5 minutes before wings are cooked.
Dry-Rub Atomic Wings
What you need:
- 12 chicken wings, tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
To make the rub, mix together cayenne, habanero and jalapeno peppers, oregano, salt, cinnamon, sugar and black pepper in a medium bowl. Place wings and dry rub mixture in a large re-sealable plastic zipper bag. Seal and shake to coat wings with rub. Cook chicken on a pre-heated grill over medium heat, turning occasionally, until well-browned and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Enjoy a nice time out in the yard with these amazing grilled chicken wing recipes!