Nothing beats a bowl of warm turkey chili when you need warming up from the inside out. This turkey chili recipe is incredibly easy to make and takes less than half an hour to make.
To make this turkey chili recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups chopped red onions
- 1 cup of chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 large cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz) of kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (28 oz) of stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup of red wine or water
- 3 cups of cooked turkey diced and/or ground
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tbsp of dried coriander
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- 6 sourdough bread bowls
First cook and stir your onions, pepper, garlic and oil in large saucepan over high heat until the onions turn golden brown. Add your beans, your canned tomatoes with the liquid, red wine, turkey, chili powder, cilantro, red pepper and sea salt. Cover everything with a lid and then allow it to simmer for 25 minutes or until everything is well heated.
While you are waiting for everything to simmer. Get your 6 bread bowls and cut the tops off to create a bowl. Use a spoon to dig out the insides of the sourdough bread and set it aside.
Use fresh ground pepper to taste and then ladle the turkey chili into the 6 sourdough bread bowls. Top each bowl with mozzarella and cheddar cheese and serve. The insides of the sourdough bread can be used to dip into the turkey chili! Enjoy!
Do you want to learn more amazing and secret recipes from restaurants such as Applebees, Starbucks, T.G.I. Fridays, Outback Steakhouse, The Cheesecake Factory, The Olive Garden, PF Chang, Red Lobster, Chili’s, KFC and much much more?