Like any other dish, you can make pasta into a more nutritious and more delicious meal choice if you’re trying to lose weight or simply starting a healthier lifestyle. It’s the ingredients you use that matter. Be sure to use fresh vegetables and seasonings that are guilt-free!
Here are2 healthy pasta recipes you can definitely try:
Veggie Roast Healthy Pasta
What you need:
- 1 kilogram pasta, freshly cooked
- 2 eggplants, cubed (skin on)
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Mix together eggplant, carrots, zucchini, onion, tomatoes and salt in a bowl. Place on a baking sheets and bake in a pre-heated oven (425F) for 20 minutes. When ready, add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice. Stir and bake for 15 more minutes. Place cooked pasta and roasted veggies in a pot and add the balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well before serving.
Hearty Peanut Spaghetti Squash
What you need:
- 2 spaghetti squash, peeled, seeded and sliced into halves widthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
Arrange squash in a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. When ready, wipe away salt and bake in a pre-heated oven (400F) for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15to 20 minutes before peeling and separating the strands to create “spaghetti noodles”. To prepare the peanut sauce, bring the sweet potato to a boil using 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and cook until sweet potato is tender, about 5 minutes. When ready, add the peanut butter, cilantro, peanuts, soy sauce and as much or as little sriracha you desire. Stir to combine ingredients well and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat then transfer the mixture to blender. Puree until smooth. Place spaghetti squash on a serving plate and top with peanut sauce.
Looking for healthy pasta recipes? Look no further – try these delicious ones!